top of page
Poetry, close attention, and the wild — they free us from the mundane.
And what is wilder than flight, magma, dark matter, and the crackle of lightning?
trees are our lungs turned inside out
& inhale our visible chilled breath.
our lungs are trees turned inside out
& inhale their clear exhalations.
Five Lessons Learned Immediately on Getting Dumped from a Raft into a Wilderness River
- One on one there’s no fighting a torrent.
- Adrenaline rivets the attention.
- Of all physical entities, the most precious is air.
- Attend to the advice of guides.
- Roll upright and go feet-first into the unknown.
bottom of page